Special Thanks to EO Member Equinox

Submitted: Friday, Jun 22, 2018 at 12:33
ThreadID: 136883 Views:2793 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

I would like to say a very special "Thank You" to one of our valued EO members and contributors, Alan aka "Equinox".

A month ago he posted a forum post that immediately caught my attention, about the release of a couple of new "Explorer" books by Hesperian Press from WA.

As the office is only manned 2 days a week and for limited hours, it took me nearly two weeks to finally get someone on the phone where I was able to order the new book about the Hubbe Expedition from 1895-1896. I was then told that due to some issues, that books would not be able to be sent out until mid June.

This book was of very special interest me, as my Great, Great Grandfather was a team member of this expedition and prior to the release of the book, I only had copies of the report that was published in the House of Assembly on the 8th July 1897 and a report from the Royal Geographical Society of South Australia.

So today after a month, I received this special book and now I have even learnt more about my Great Great Grandfather, he was also employed on the Darwin section on the Overland Telegraph Line in 1871 as a Blacksmith.

So with Alan and his post, I would not have been made aware of this special book and also another important piece of Family History.

Some say that travelling is in the Blood and I owe that to my Great Great Grandfather.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 10 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Friday, Jun 22, 2018 at 15:23

Friday, Jun 22, 2018 at 15:23
Well said Stephen, we often read people bagging others and we don't read more often when people acknowledge the help of others or openly say thanks.

cheers

Dunc
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 619757

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Jun 22, 2018 at 16:32

Friday, Jun 22, 2018 at 16:32
Hi Dunc

Yes Alan is one of those quiet achievers and when he does post something here on the forum, it is very factual and does not get enough praise.

As they say, credit where credit is due, and Alan is surely worthy of it.

I hope you are keeping warm over in the west, as the mornings here lately have been real desert weather, well below zero with it was still minus 2.8° at 7.45 this morning.

Take Care and Thanks.

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 892065

Reply By: equinox - Friday, Jun 22, 2018 at 20:37

Friday, Jun 22, 2018 at 20:37
Gee thanks Stephen, all good mate - shared knowledge is good knowledge.

I'm glad you're finding out more about your great great grandfather too, that's pretty cool.

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 619759

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Jun 22, 2018 at 23:07

Friday, Jun 22, 2018 at 23:07
Cheers again Alan and it is all down to you.

Best Regards

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 892071

Sponsored Links