Duncan Rd from Victoria Hway to Halls Ck

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 08:43
ThreadID: 136837 Views:2699 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, we are going to take Duncan Rd from Victoria Hway down to Halls Ck. I see there is camping close to Halls Ck, but is camping permitted at the northern and middle parts of this Rd?
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 09:14

Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 09:14
Hi Coyote

The Duncan Riad is a great drive and very changing scenery.

A great camping spot if you are heading south is the moment that you pass through the Behn River and come up the other side, there is a two wheel track on your left.

Follow it for around 400 metres and there is a great camping sport, overlooking the Behn River.

Enjoy a great drive.

Cheers

Stephen

Ps if you look at my blogs, I did one on the Duncan Road, but can not link it here, as I am replying from my iPad.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 619546

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 16:10

Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 16:10
Hi Stephen
sorry about kidnapping your reply , but my question is would I be able to get a twenty two foot caravan in there, as we are looking at travelling the same route in the near future?
thank you
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 891837

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 18:19

Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 18:19
Hi Broodie

Depending where you want to stay, you will have no problems at all.

All the gorges closer to Halls Creek had a number of full size vans staying there and even the camp site on the Behn River that I mentioned was an old Highways Camp.

It's a great drive and you will have a ball.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 891843

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 19:34

Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 19:34
Hi Again Coyote and Broodie

Just a couple more things, first of all here is a link to my blog for the Duncan Road.

This is the only picture that I have of 2 full size vans free camping out at Caroline Pool.

Cheers

Stephen

Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 891845

Reply By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:16

Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:16
Also very good camping at JB Creek. Eastern side and enough room for 50 vehicles. Also Negri River is very picturesque. No shortage of spots really. A fantastic drive. If towing take care as you start to go through the ranges closer to Halls Creek as they are steep in places and a couple of blind corners (basically west of Palm Springs (a must stop at point). If you're not towing a large van Saw Tooth Gorge is also worth a look and not a bad camp spot.

Enjoy the drive!
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 619547

Reply By: Member - Len & Rhoda - Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 21:45

Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 21:45
Hi
We have just come off the Duncan, heading Sth from the Vic, then onto the Buntine to go Est. The rivers and creeks are very dry, the road is in good condition as far as the Buntine turn off with a couple of bulldust sections, not sure after the Buntine, we also saw a couple of cattle roadtrains on both roads. It was an interesting drive but we made the Buntine turn off in a day. Looks like good camping at the Nth end at the Zebra Rock mine.
AnswerID: 619570

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor_H - Friday, Jun 15, 2018 at 20:25

Friday, Jun 15, 2018 at 20:25
Zebra Rock Mine is a special place owned and run by great people.
FollowupID: 891870

Reply By: Motherhen - Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 22:23

Thursday, Jun 14, 2018 at 22:23
We stopped overnight at the Negri River. A lady with a tent set up lower down, but easy access for large caravan higher up, on south west side of crossing.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 619575

Reply By: Member - Coyote - Friday, Jun 15, 2018 at 08:59

Friday, Jun 15, 2018 at 08:59
We appreciate the replies. Glad we chose to take the extra time to enjoy the many areas. We are new to this site and are keen to participate on road and online.
AnswerID: 619581

Sponsored Links