Free Maps of Australia (Free 4WD Maps)

Submitted: Friday, May 25, 2018 at 13:13
ThreadID: 136759 Views:3573 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Did you know that ExplorOz publishes a range of free maps?

Option 1: EOTopo 2018 - you can use free online maps for the whole of Australia at a scale of 18K (1:18,000) on ExplorOz.com. All you need is a web browser - so you can use your phone, your desktop PC, your Macbook computer, your laptop, your iPad, or any tablet - just go to https://www.exploroz.com/eotopo then scroll down and click on EOTopo Online 2018 and you'll see a map of Australia - this map can be enlarged to view fullscreen (use the controls in the left) and you can zoom using the + control, your mouse, or pinch zoom if using a touchscreen.

Option 2: A few versions of EOTopo maps can also be downloaded in raster file formats (ECW, OZF, TIF, MMR) for offline use (note that you will need to have compatible map viewing software - not included, eg. OziExplorer, TrackRanger, Mud Map etc). These free maps are only small-scale versions but may be useful for general planning purposes or to see a clear overview of the whole country. Go to the same EOTopo page https://www.exploroz.com/eotopo and click the Download section. Accept the user license and then you'll able to view 3 folders - 2015, 2016, and 2018. These folders contain all the raster map releases we've ever published. If you open the 2018 folder you'll see folders named by file format, so if you're after ECW files open that folder, for OZF files open that folder etc. Note the download key - that states if the text colour of the file is black, you may download this open (this validates your account licenses so permission is granted based on your purchase history). So, for free, you can download EOTopo 2018 whole of Australia map files in 10M scale, and 5M scale, and also 2.5M scale. You'll notice that the 1M, 200K, and 144K scale maps are not available for free - if you want these, you will need to purchase an EOTopo license.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 7 Moderator

Sponsored Links