Calling All Motorola 9575 Users

Submitted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 20:29
ThreadID: 136747 Views:1915 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Any Motorola 9575 users out there having difficulty (or success) in sending text messages from their device? I have a somewhat long-winded question.

I use a Motorola 9575 with my Telstra sim. I can make and receive voice calls ok but cannot send text messages – I get a “SMS message failed” notification on the screen.

I get this error message when I try to send a simple text message, and also when the device tries to automatically send a GPS location by text message (on start-up) to a preconfigured “Quick GPS List”.

Observation: When I put my Telstra sim in the 9575 it strips the “plus” character from the 61 Telstra Message Centre number prefix used in domestic mobiles. I’m unable to re-insert the “plus” when the sim is in the 9575.

What I’ve tried:

o Sending texts from the 9575 to Telstra and non-Telstra mobiles, and I’ve also tried with/without the “61” destination country code

o The Telstra Message Centre number without the “61” – my Motorola device doesn’t allow the “plus”

o The Iridium Service Centre Number: my 9575 won’t accept the “plus” prefix to 88 1662900005. The other prefix format to this number - “00” - doesn’t work. I get the same error message.

Any suggestions about what I may have stuffed up (apart from selling my 9505A) would be welcome!

George_M
Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - William B (The Shire) - Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 22:06

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 22:06
Hi,
I think 0061 then the number would work.
The + is a substitute for 00.
0061 is the prefix for Australia I believe.
William
Always planning the next trip. VKS-737 mobile 1619

AnswerID: 619091

Follow Up By: George_M - Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 17:39

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 17:39
Thanks for your response, William.

I tried your suggestion, however I ended up with the same error message.

I've spoken to the dealer where I bought the phone, and they are sending me one of their sims to try and isolate the problem - it seems to have something to do with the Telstra Message centre number.

I haven't bothered to contact Telstra.

Thanks again for your response.

George_M

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 891300

Follow Up By: Dean K3 - Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 18:58

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 18:58
Is this is a Satphone ?

I haven't heard of Motrola making a decent Phone for number of years, only good APCO25 digitally encrypted mobile radios for police etc - and I used to be a contractor for them !

If it is a satphone then sending a sms is a tad backward as I discovered with folks satphone.

First you type your SMS then you go to contacts and select which ones you wish to contact and then send it

If its a normal phone it may work this way as well ?
FollowupID: 891302

Follow Up By: George_M - Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 11:54

Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 11:54
Hi Dean.

The Motorola 9575 is a satphone which connects to the Iridium network.

This device can be programmed to send a "lat/long" text message to a preconfigured "Quick GPS List” on start-up.

I haven't been able to get this feature to work when using my NextG sim.

George_M

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 891316

Reply By: TTTSA - Friday, May 25, 2018 at 13:36

Friday, May 25, 2018 at 13:36
I had exactly the same problem last year using my Pivotel sim card. When we got back I called Pivotel and he did explain it too me and it made sense, but I can't remember what he told me now. Only thing I can remember he said was that a sms is not sent the same way on a sat phone as it is on a mobile phone.
Sorry, but just can't remember what he said.
AnswerID: 619154

Sponsored Links