Lane Poole Camping

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 19:48
ThreadID: 136601 Views:3183 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone please give an update on sites here now. Want to join friends for 2 nights but Nanga Brook seems to require booking and Nanga Mill does not. What is the difference between the two sites? Comments please?
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 21:14

Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 21:14
I suggest you ask Parks & Wildlife. On their web site one had no bookings required ant the other says book now.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 618484

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 23:37

Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 23:37
Yes ive seen the booking site.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 890491

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 23:01

Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 23:01
Michelle, it appears Nanga Mill is the old campsite and Nanga Brook is the new, larger one, opened in 2014.
Nanga Mill has limited camping options, the new Nanga Brook campsite accommodates everyone.

There's only a few hundred metres between the two. Nanga Mill is located near to where Google lists "King Jarrah Track".

Nanga Brook is located at -32.802565, 116.098459

Nanga Mill is located at -32.803838, 116.095987

Camping fees apply to both, you can book Nanga Brook, but you can't book Nanga Mill.

Nanga Mill - DPAW

Nanga Brook - DPAW

DPAW - Campground status (type 'Nanga' into the search menu)

Both are easily viewable on Google Maps.

Nanga Brook and Nanga Mill campgrounds

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 618488

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 23:42

Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 23:42
Yes ive researched it online thanks Ron. Im trying to figure why 2 sites are so different from a booking perspective and what the reality is. Need a locals comment since the newer Brook site was setup...is the Nanga Mill site now negleted etc? Looks gorgeous in the photos on Places but pre- new site so want to know how the change has affected the sites. Any pros cons between the sites etc.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 618489

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Apr 23, 2018 at 13:20

Monday, Apr 23, 2018 at 13:20
The other issue I'm conscious of is a long-known poor reputation for Lane Pool to be overcrowded and noisy during school holidays so wondering how this factor has changed, if at all, due to the 2nd campsite. Just found some photos of the Nanga Brook site and it's simply abysmal to my eyes with hard surface sites and no trees for shade. Good for caravans but not for our swags by the looks of it. Taking the risk at school holidays to hope I can just turn up for a site at Nanga Mill when I know the Nanga Brook is booked out. I guess these days there is more demand for flat sites for caravans so Nanga Brook has targetted that. They don't make it easy do they. Well I'll be able to update those Places soon either way.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 618494

Follow Up By: Ron N - Monday, Apr 23, 2018 at 23:52

Monday, Apr 23, 2018 at 23:52
Nothing changes as regards school holidays! Everything is always booked out, and all the good spots are already taken!

Here's a panoramic view of Nanga Mill campsite, taken in July 2017.
Not a lot of flat areas for camping, but at least there's plenty of trees! - although those pretty straggly old pines and other assorted varieties, don't look like they'd cast much shade!

Panoramic photo of Nanga Mill campground

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 890514

Sponsored Links