Anne Beadell H/way permit enquiry please.

Hi all.

On or about the first week of May there is a plan in the works to make a trip from Laverton to Coober Pedy via the Anne Beadell highway, and along the way I would like to visit the nuclear bomb sites of emu and (I think) Maralinga.

I am aware that permits will be required and thereby lies the problem.

I have been reading the ExploreOz web site seeking this information up until the point that my eyeballs are about to drop out without success.

As I read I find numerous links in the articles I have read but, instead of finding the information concerning permits required, I am either presented with a page that will not load or I am sent to another pages with pretty picture and more useless sites.

I used Explore Oz some years ago in preparation for a trip somewhere and I never had this problem, but now for some reason all I seem to get is the proverbial run around and more pretty pictures with useless links.

So to my question. Can anyone please tell me exactly what permits I will be requiring and a email address as to whom I can approach to make it so?

All help appreciated.
Regards
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: IvanTheTerrible - Saturday, Mar 17, 2018 at 19:22

Saturday, Mar 17, 2018 at 19:22
You require a maralingatjarutja
And a Woomera
You will also need a desert pass if you camp in Tallaringa Park. Desert Pass
You will also have to arrange a tour for Maralinga or you cant go there. Tour is $225 a person. Tour

We are going as far as Volkes at the end of this month
AnswerID: 617642

Follow Up By: Nacho - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 17:57

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 17:57
You don't need to have a Desert Pass.
You only need a $12 entry permit per night.

FollowupID: 889402

Follow Up By: IvanTheTerrible - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 19:59

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 19:59
You don't need a pass at all if you are transiting
FollowupID: 889417

Follow Up By: Nacho - Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 09:09

Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 09:09
yes you do, $12 entry permit + $10 camping permit ( if you camp ) or desert parks pass.
FollowupID: 889437

Follow Up By: IvanTheTerrible - Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 18:43

Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 18:43
I contacted Parks SA and unless you stay or stop for tourist reasons you don't need any permit to transit the park. Same with Innamincka.
FollowupID: 889452

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Mar 17, 2018 at 19:46

Saturday, Mar 17, 2018 at 19:46
Go to the site menu and select Treks - ExplorOz Treks. Open the section titled Permits. Its all there.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 617644

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 09:28

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 09:28
Also in our Treks look for one titled Maralinga Rage Tour. This is the only way you are allowed access.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 889373

Reply By: RussellFJ - Saturday, Mar 17, 2018 at 20:50

Saturday, Mar 17, 2018 at 20:50
Here you go ... All the info you need is also here

https://bppickabox.blogspot.com.au

Permits
AnswerID: 617645

Reply By: Candace S. - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 03:05

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 03:05
Janset,

Travel between Maralinga and Emu is no longer allowed. Check the FAQs and the booking page here:

Maralinga Tours
AnswerID: 617655

Reply By: Janset - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:13

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:13
Hi all.
I thank all of you for the overwhelming response. They certainly make it hard for the traveller.

I hope this is not a silly question, but is there such a thing as an overlay that shows you what permits are required where on the map?

This question I ask Michelle for future reference.

I go to what I think is the SITE page you memtion and go to the bottom of that page into the BLACK section and select heading TREK.

The page that comes up is called TREK NOTES. Here I select NEW TREKS, but I cannot find your stated "ExplorOz Treks".

What am I doing wrong Michelle?

Regards
AnswerID: 617666

Follow Up By: IvanTheTerrible - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 12:12

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 12:12
I find Hema apps and map books are good as they have the tracks marked if they require a permit.
FollowupID: 889387

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 13:43

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 13:43
Hi Janet,
The main site menu is located at the top left of this website - it is visible from every page. If you click this (the word Menu) it will drop down all the labelled section of this website. The list is in alphabetical order... Articles, Blogs, Classifieds....etc to Treks. If you click Treks it will open 2 sections, labelled ExplorOz Treks, and User Treks. Click ExplorOz Treks from here.

The way you've done it, is also fine. Every page of the site has Quick Links section in the black panel at the very bottom of the every page of the site. You've gone into Treks this way.

Both take you to the same page of ExplorOz published Treks.

So once on the Trek Notes page, you are given a few different ways to browse for Treks.

1. the open search box let's you type in the name of what you're looking for.
2. The next options are State
3. the next is Map.

If you click State, you can then select South Australia, and then see a list of all the names of Treks we publish for that state and then you can select Anne Beadell, and/or Maralinga Range Tour. If you click Map you'll see lines across a map of Australia showing all our Treks so you can zoom in on an area and click a trek line route - without knowing its name you can find it visually.

Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 889391

Follow Up By: Janset - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 13:51

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 13:51
Thank you Michelle.
Who would have thought that the "Menu click" you show was never clicked in my many clicks, the flying fickle finger of fate certainly missed this one. LOL
Regards
FollowupID: 889392

Sponsored Links